At ESP&TS we currently have over 25 Speech Pathologists working in classrooms across NSW. We strive to help teachers embed Speech Pathology practices and techniques into their teaching to improve the learning outcomes of all students.
What expertise do we bring?
A Speech Pathologist has a unique skill set in developing oral language and literacy skills in children of all ages. We provide training and support in:
- Building vocabulary
- Building sentence structure
- Improving questioning skills
- Increasing auditory memory and comprehension
- Improving the ability to infer, summarise and predict
- Improving text structure and cohesion
- Developing metalinguistics
- Establishing strong foundations in phonics and phonemic awareness
- Supporting children with complex speech, language and fluency disorders
- Supporting children from non English speaking backgrounds
Why Speech Pathology?
Speech Pathology services are tailored to your individual school, but may include:
- Whole class demonstration lessons
- Small group withdrawal for targeted intervention
- Individual support and help with PLP development
- Whole staff or focus group workshops
- Comprehensive assessment and reporting
- Whole grade screening assessments
- Collaborative programming and consultation with teachers
- Parent workshops and open days
For more information on school based Speech Pathology Services, please contact Sue Wilks on 0410 504 030 or by email at email@example.com